Monday 22 August 2011

LETTER TO MY LOVE (1)

Hi babe,
Every night in my dreams, you live in my world and make it whole. At times we are alone; sometimes we are lost in a sea of crowd with so many strange faces and happenings. This almost making it unsafe for us but I know we are going to make it, but only if you hold my hands.

I look at you and you give me a reason to hold on stronger and even longer. Sometimes, I wonder how you are able to make it happen with ease and flair. Maybe you put in a lot of effort, but on the surface it just comes plain easy. It could be your talent for all you care to know but probably are overlooking because it’s too obvious and not productive.

My heart warms up anytime you smile at me and I always savor those moments. Am sure most girls can do this and more but until then, you are the only one. They say life can be bliss if you make the right choices and I keep thanking heavens for helping me out on this one.

I keep getting convinced that we will always be together, but I also see myself living in a fantasy world anytime I wake up to a silent night. The idea of you and I fascinates me to the core, it makes me feel young at heart; but that is where the problem comes from.

All around me, I keep being admonished to love with my head when it is the heart that feels. I accept the head is knowledgeable because it sees and thinks, but isn’t it only a means in itself? It is the heart that believes and feels by using the information from the head. My heart tells me that you will be the perfect stake but my head tells me to look elsewhere or even be adamant about love since I don’t really understand what it’s really is and as people keep saying it’s a state of the mind.

My problem is if it’s a state of the mind, then it’s not real, it’s a make-believe world and I really want to relocate from that part of the state. I want to lose my citizenship and banned from ever visiting that state, and my pictures pasted all over the place with a BIG red WANTED caption.

In my heart, you are that old wine that keeps growing stronger and sweeter by the day. You are such a real fine baby and I don’t want to ever let you go because am hooked like a junkie to his cocaine. I promise to always treat you with loyalty because you exude an air of royalty. You have all of my attention because I want to be your Captain Koch. To me, you are every woman and that feels good.

In reality, I am always looking for something new by reminding myself that I am not in love when it is the very thing I’ve been looking for all over the place. I keep asking myself if you are going to be loving me my way and endlessly without conditions that are not subject to change?

Baby, you know how much I love you. You also know how badly I want to lead u down the aisle as my wife and baby’s mama, but the only question I seek to ask which eventually has become the essence of the letter is should I choose between my head that knows it all without emotions or my heart that feels and believe?

I might as well end here since I can tell u more and more about how confused I am about this heart and head dichotomy. I just hope this letter finds you at the right time and space. Do well to let me read a reply from you first thing in the morning.

I remain yours Fo Fovi.

No comments: