Wednesday 8 November 2017

Being Me

All I need is a name and a face to partake
Identity; a necessity for one’s sake
Being me doesn’t come easily without a self
Only if there was a model of me on the shelf
Then I could just emulate till I reach perfection.
If only there was a model…
I will just commit to its ways and become.
 I could just understudy and assimilate.
But, who do I become?
Too many voices; each one wanting to be heard and adhered to.
To be me, I multitask, I take shit, and I get fucked up in places unimaginable.
 It’s difficult telling onlookers and other seemingly absentminded but worried observers to see what I don’t see. It would be easier if I postured to being Idi or Gandhi; that way, I would know what I am doing and people might at least tell me that I am not doing it like my predecessors. But here I am - a prototype without a blueprint.
Forging out of nothing to be something – everything.
The onslaught of tags and labels
Wading through paths unmade and yet…
Too many expectations from snoopy folks who are barely groping
Let me stumble and fall as long as I would have the wherewithal to rise
Let me keep going as far as my conviction would
To embrace me as a creation and not a discovery
Being different should not offend anyone
Being me should please everyone









blogger tweets @vilejah



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This Deep and dope! I love this.