Friday 1 February 2013

Dear God


I would have written this letter long time ago but I was contemplating on the medium to post it, coupled with the fact that I don’t have your BB pin, no phone number for voice call or whatsapping you and I didn’t have your e-mail address too, which has made it so difficult for me until I realized that you don’t need all of the aforementioned media to read from me. I am even convinced you are the one helping me to articulate my thoughts and reading them as I type the black prints on the white background.

I am apologizing for the tone of this letter which is unlike the very few complaints and thanksgivings I have brought before you in the past, and I pray that you forgive me if I should be harsh and indifferent in my supplication. The truth of the matter is, I am confused and disturbed in these turbulent times. The purpose of our existence has now lost on us as a people and we don’t even know what is good for us anymore. It is even difficult with acquisition of knowledge that can help us submit good arguments to suit our caprices.

Heavenly father, the matter at hand is whether we should allow Gays to have their skewed and warped rights ensured and protected. I don’t even know if they publicly wrote to the highest law making body of our country to be allowed to legitimize their gay activities but I know for a fact that they have congregated at a few places to announce their presence and to also make us aware of their existence as a group and now, the whole country is deliberating whether they should be drafted into society or not but for the mandatory law making body; Parliamentarians.

This has brought about more counter-attacks and open criticisms and almost dividing the nation into those who do not care whether it is legitimize and actually want them accepted because they think, it won’t have anything to do with the economy nor their income and those who publicly do not accept it and don’t want it accepted into our society. Some are of the view that, Pastors rape, people steal, alcoholism is rife even though the Bible speaks against them, so why should we zero in on the gays and hold them to ransom as if they are the cause of our woes? 

It is even interesting when those advocating for the protection of the rights of these gays vehemently protest that they would not take it lightly should a member of their family or a friend be found culpable. So what are they trying to say? They don’t care? Why shouldn’t they shut up already if they don’t really care? It has become fashionable to appear knowledgeable and macho in front of our audience thus leading people to advocate for things they do not really believe in or even understand.
Lord God, for these people to come out soliciting for recognition means they have been around for a long time hence their ability to group and form an association, so why would they test our pulse by wanting us to recognize them? Do they want us to be accomplices to their perversion? What at all do they want from us if they have already been at it? I find it difficult to understand. 

There are those who think, these people are humans, ofcourse, and should be allowed to do whatever pleases them and also deserves all the love there is, to probably make some of them have a change of mind and I ask how so? A group of people fighting tooth and nail to integrate whatever gayism means into our society and someone is telling me that when I accept them and their request with love, they will change afterwards and I ask, why can’t they accept my initial no? They are even quick to list the myriad of sins you are guilty of and that is more like defending their own rights or that of the declared gays.

Too bad, my predisposition is too strong and influential on my world view that some things cannot sit well with me. Despite my inadequate education, I have come to believe that, I don’t need much education to know the difference between right or wrong or to see and know evil when I see one and I am grateful for that grace of yours. 

Father Lord, just like Satan who knows his Bible so well, all they tell you is "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned…” which has made the whole fight a retreating one. Would you please take over and fight for yourself? You have fought for yourself in the days of old, so why does it appear like, you have left the fighting among ourselves to do?

They also say, Ghana is not a Christian country, so it has to allow people do what they want to do but I think differently because this goes beyond Christianity and I’m yet to come across any religion that ascribes to a man having sex with his fellow man. It’s just unnatural for all the religions and defeating to man as a race because even animals are yet to descend into the gutters. Our complex minds and fully fledged thinking capabilities you’ve given us as higher cognitive creatures have been put to naught and I am sure, you are disappointed in us by now. You should be having a regretful feeling by now for not endowing animals with the brains rather.

Dear God, if you don’t start killing people for their perversion like you did in the days of old, you will only regret more if humans start asking you for their rights. Humans feel free to change laws belonging to you because you seem non-existent while they hold on fast to the laws of men who make laws with spoons in hand clanking onto glasses full of their preferred wines. I am even afraid of men who can abhor other men from marrying more than one but allowing men to marry themselves and they seem to be the only people with rights. Sex between man and woman is rightly approved universally, so why don’t we have right activists defending the rights of prostitutes, whatever their crime is?  

Heavenly father, please, let the Genocides, Tsunamis and all those natural and unnatural disasters that kills innocent people massively come to an end so you direct those deaths to those who will not live and let us live. Since you are the God of death and war, empower us to kill in your name as Christians because your kingdom must be taken and guarded by force. I am not taking serious those who are proclaiming how they can co-habit with the gays even though they won’t have anything to do with them because they are clearly exhibiting their ignorance and have forgotten that, ‘thou shall not see evil nor speak nor hear evil…” 

Were there not learned men advocating and defending the rights of the gays and lesbians that were destroyed in Sodom and Gomorrah or the story is just a myth?

We wanted things done in our own way and started indulging in pre-marital sex until it became normal in society and when people started going all out, we then start decrying the act and its related consequences on us as individuals and a society, so please, do not let us have our way because we will still come back to you. Save us as a people and do what you have to do. You either look on and let us start fucking ourselves in the ass or you prevent it from happening because I cannot fight on your behalf any longer, I can’t fight to protect the sanctity of your already shredded Kingdom and Scriptures since it is bound to be subjected to intellectual analysis by fallible men who can even be attacked to the point of death by a common Mosquito. 

Maybe, you have to make the right activists wise enough to extend their generosity and call-to-duty to defend the rights of Thieves, Prostitutes, Cocaine dealers, Wee smokers, Polygamists and whatever anyone deems necessary and possible, as long as, it doesn’t endanger anyone’s life. If it shall come to pass, then I also pray that you shall ensure that there are gays in the families of those right activists and those who don’t care enough to see it passed as a law.

Finally, I would like to thank you father for an answered prayer.

5 comments:

Efo Dela said...

I'm not sure if i have an opinion about gay rights. I'm not sure what to make of it.
in my opinion there are more distasteful sexual perversions. Pedophilia, rape, Zoophila, Necrophilia are all in my opinion worse.
Frankly, this country has too many issues for us to be worried about this.
It's not like Nana Oye is asking for homosexuality to be legalized.

FanTaxY said...

well, in life, there are things we are conservative about and things we are liberal about. i know a few gays but i careless about them just like they careless about me, we only wade in when it becomes a national issue of which we are part. Thing is they should go about it but the right to be recognized legitimately is the bone of contention. it would only serve as precedence for thieves, prostitutes and all other social misfits who have rights too as humans

Enock said...

Hmm.. God help us all. But as Efo Dela said, Nana Oye wasn't asking for homosexuality to be legalized.
She however pledged to protect the human rights of all Ghanaians including that of homosexuals.

FanTaxY said...

i have never mentioned Nana Oye because my submission goes beyond her stance. we all have fundamental human rights which allows us to share public places, attend same schools, have rights to association and all...... so it beats my mind when someone is talking about fundamental human rights.... is somebody in servitude? is someone being abused? then we have a premise to even wade into this right issue

Unknown said...

Isn't it so obvious that one of these leaders could be part. It was just a low lying case in the case of the late president on his refute to the matter...Lets pray for the betterment of the country..