Monday 22 August 2011

LETTER TO MY LOVE (II)

Dear Sweetness,
I am good and hope you doing same?  A lot of things came up that needed my urgent attention, hence my inability to reach out to you in time. I know it’s been so long but I hope you’ll find that soft and delicate part of you to forgive me.


I must admit that writing to you is one of the very few activities that whips up my enthusiasm, makes me come alive, because you are one of the very few people who understands me and my needs. Do you even understand me, ‘cos if you do, why is that you are not able to make it up to me? Why is that you are not able to fathom my expectations and desires? I may probably be asking for too much but all I want is you being there at the right time.

You know I am prone to the ‘woe is me’ factor and will almost invariably keep coming. Yes, love is pain they say and I only keep coming because of the hurts and the nightmares you give me continually, sounds weird huh?  It is even interesting when I look into your eyes and see 'scare' written all over them. You are even scared than I do and that’s funny right? You are even more vulnerable than I am and this realization makes me invincible to myself.

You are scared because you can’t trust yourself to be any better, you don’t know how long you can keep up the charade and it breaks my heart to know that you will also walk away someday, and how I wish that day never comes so soon. I just can’t help thinking about it ‘cos that’s the reality we both are afraid to confront.

Are you afraid because of the lie you have lived all this while and can’t keep up the cosmetics any longer? Maybe this altered way of life is coming in the way of the real you and you might want to quit it sometime soon? The feeling is debilitating because I don’t see it coming and even interesting because you don’t see it coming either but it’s all because your mind is not made up. You are indecisive as to what role to play when difficult times arise.

Even though we all are looking at this relationship unrealistically because of the unrealistic ideas from the media, society, friends and family on what a relationship should look like and how we should behave, yours has cast a pattern in your behavior and it’s affecting us. All you have to do is to ignore all of this idealistic way of what a relationship should be and be realistic because your ideas are as dysfunctional as those rooted in your childhood traumas.

You know we’ve not really been making good use of our time as an item all because we spend half of the time misunderstanding and quarreling among ourselves and spend the other half nursing our wounds even though we have so much in common. All I want from you is to do some soul searching most of the time for our sakes.

I have to run like always but I really need you to cut me some slack and stop comparing me with the superman you see on the cover of your favorite magazines and also try to just for once try to lose because it is the only way u can win.
Your Love

Fo Fovi

No comments: