Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Unthinkable

The only time I take a pause

Is to re-evaluate my cause

The urge to rid me off my flaws

To think about the unthinkable

Unthinkable themes like life and death

Destiny

Miracles

Magic

Love

Thoughts of the after-life

Themes like God’s awesomeness

And how adamant He can be

Thoughts of my parents having sex

Thoughts of my life being reeled on set

Of my thoughts affecting other thoughts

What about the uncanniness in town

The gravity of these thoughts weighs me down

 These thoughts no matter how, I cannot understand

Makes my vision bleary

and my body weary

Yet, I indulge because it is my high

 Maybe, solution is nigh

The unthinkable stokes in me, a fire

And levitates my desire

A feeling that takes me higher

The only feeling that gives me healing

And oh! I only do this when I take a pause

The only time I lay beside me, my cross

Just to think about the unthinkable

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not a bad poem. I like the rhymes.
The shape of the poem isn't bad.

Fantaxy said...

Thanks, Shaker

Fantaxy said...

Interesting times, serious rhymes... Thanks bruv