Tuesday 16 April 2013

I hate God!

I know I have a terrific relationship with God, and I don’t need anyone’s approval or endorsement of the relationship I share with him.  It is also the reason why it really gets to me if some contacts in my phone list invade my privacy and decides to take me on a guilt trip. It’s genuinely disturbing to jump on your phone after a beep, only to have received messages such as the two below and other ones.

 “Let’s take six minutes to tell twelve people that Jesus loves them. I've started with you. Jesus loves you”

“Very soon, your family will say 2 you: - "I'm proud of you"; your friends will say,:- "I'm Happy 4 you", your equals will say:- "I wish I were you"; Your enemies will say:- you have a mighty God. By the time your glory will explode, sudden death will not take u away. You will excel from one region 2 another. Your generation will be filled with wealth and riches in His mighty name. If you enjoyed this, please copy and pass it to others. It may brighten someone else's day, too...U have 60 sec 2 tell 12 people that Jesus Loves them, and receive 12 months of blessing. I have started so send it to your loved ones including me. A blessed and fulfilled week to you”

I had to use ‘contacts’ lousily because, were they really my friends, they will know that I am the last or wrong person to forward those Christ-laden messages to. It doesn’t amuse me at all.

“At the mention of His name, every knee shall bow”, but it should not be the reason why many out there will maul the greater part of the populace into buying into their faith. Christians have been admonished to evangelize and win souls but I am also sure that, the task came with some guiding principles as enshrined in their ethical codes.

Just as some people are doing fabulously well in life, with some in tow and the others trailing behind, same can be said, with regards to Christendom; the active people who actually work in the Lord’s vineyard, those who sing in the choir and the various singing bands, those who donate to the cause of the Lord’s work, right down to those who attend church only once in a year, thus 31st of December, so I don’t see the reason why these evangelists cannot take it easy on us, while we tarry along.

I love God so much, but dear friend forwarding the messages, I would really like you to know what you are actually doing, even before I give you an audience, otherwise, we both will be wasting each other’s time.

Hitherto the advent of the rude technological breakthrough which has come to change almost all our ways of doing things, a few people went around sharing tracts, and sometimes, when the willing soul was not able to withstand the self-gratification of the weak-kneed body, they charged a pittance for them. 

Then, quickly and on the heels of technology’s entry, saw communication and access to gadgets that could make it easier much more accessible to almost everyone, and that totally changed the face of communication. Forwarding messages couldn’t get any better. The flood gates have been opened for the forwarding of these messages and other useless information. All they do after receiving the message is to read half way through, on purpose, to actually read the instructions governing the ‘word of God’ they just received and it’s also because, the instructions determines the enormity of their blessings.

They then, tap a few keypads on the phone, surf through their contact list and then select the ones they deem most in need of salvation and forward it to them. 

Christians have been empowered to take the kingdom by force, but asking someone to forward the word of God to not less than ten people or face some dire consequences by tomorrow in the morning amounts to threatening, to say the least. It makes you reflect, if the message was really worth the read. These messages commit you just by reading them and make you feel guilty for actually neglecting the word of God or not helping build the kingdom of God. What if I don’t have credits to forward the messages?

Some also asks you to redirect, back into their inbox, the same message they forwarded to you, to show that you love them too. Forward a simple message to you to show that I love you? How simple! If you must know, I started distancing myself away from you the very minute I received your piece.

Sometimes, you cannot be too hard on them because our society of orientation has requested us not to question anything Christ, nor our elders and leaders, and this ignorance has become a canker that has eaten into the very fibre of our existence. We have been specifically told that, anything akin to doubt, questioning an authority, disobedience or a need-to-know attitude is a disrespect; a sacrilege.

This has made it possible for anyone to get away with anything as long as they do whatever their field of interest is, in the name of the Lord. Today, the greater number of fraudsters in town uses the name of the Lord. Some appeal to your emotions in his name, with all kinds of stories, knowing that you will not refuse them, and even knowing that, you are thinking of them as the proverbial Christ that ever lived among humans and was not feted. You probably want to go to heaven. Well!

These messages are mostly sent by people with selfish motives or even Telecom companies to boost
data sales. They have come to understand that their continuous existence as an entity now depends on how much data people are able to consume and will do anything to keep swimming above the water levels. They broadcast the message and ask you to forward it to as much as ten people for a miracle. I bet you know how much they will generate if every ten people you choose also forwards it to another ten people and so on and so forth?

As for the series of miracles in your life, for the myriads of messages you have forwarded in the past, the least said about them, the better.

It is even pathetic to note that, some of them can even hardly read the messages they forward on daily basis, let alone compose it.

The era of forwarding messages among other things also falls with the paperless society agenda. I bet you heard them trying to create a paperless society by introducing debit and credit cards and ATM cards, so why expect to still tracts around?

Let us try to be the doers of the Lord by making Christ and any related activity of his, attractive for everyone, rather than bullying and disturbing the peace of our acquaintances and even eroding the privilege they have extended to us by being friends with us and please, do not send me any Godly message with any condition because that way, I can boldly tell you that I don’t love GOD, neither do i love you.


4 comments:

Efo Dela said...

Yeah I know what u are talking about.
I have contact who only forward these messages.
The moment I see their names I don't even bother reading.
These spam chain messages get especially serious during holiday period.
I might be wrong but I don't God will say, "go to hell for not forwarding this message to 10 people"

FanTaxY said...

Lol, i doubt if God even supports their terror style of sharing his word most especially where it comes with conditions...

jonathan agyemang said...

Mynah is back!

FanTaxY said...

Back for good :D