Monday 31 December 2012

2012

 Just when I thought you were without hindrance

You made a jolting manifestation through the entrance

The force and falsity of your entry ended up leaving me in a trance

We laughed and cried but I always looked at you askance

I used to dance in the past, but now, i throw cans

Cans from the numerous pints I downed, not to mention the fake fans

You looked on while your virtual shove got me whirling in the pans

Even though my mind is made up, I shall never forget our romance

And rightfully so, because it was as fierce as a battle of the Romans

I’m looking forward with hope, brilliance and above all, tolerance

I promise however not to leave until I’m done with your errands

 While I wait on the threshold to introduce to my lover; a new dance

And for the first time, I’m certain of my moves without your assistance

My only concern is, you won’t be among the audience when she makes an appearance

With the gaiety of a bride being led down the aisle under his Father’s guidance

She will stride in with elegance and radiance in the hall’s ambiance.

She will whisk me away and give me a new beginning just like you had your chance

Her inconsistencies cannot be over-emphasized but I will keep my balance

In the hope that I will come out unscathed like before and not in an ambulance

You killed most of my kinsmen and claimed it was a good riddance

The last time I checked, you referred to some of them as a nuisance

And those you awarded, you only gave them pittance and assurance

But in all, you’ve taught me vigilance and endurance

And oh *sniffs* can you smell the freshness of her fragrance

As she approaches and beckons me from a distance

It signifies time to go, so thanks for the friendship and reliance

 2012, I really and honestly appreciate your mixed bag of blessings 
 and lessons.

 










4 comments:

Las said...

wow!!

Fo Fovi said...

I see you Ras Las :)

jonathan agyemang said...

Poetry too, we dey. khansheous!

FanTaxY said...

Jah Knows!!